Monday, April 28, 2008

63 Days and Counting

I was actually looking forward to today, but all night I couldn't sleep. Not because of excitement, but because something was wrong with my body. At around 2 in the AM, I felt really sick, but I managed to suppress it, and I went back to sleep... kinda. I woke up loads more and couldn't sleep anymore after 6:30 as I was feeling miserable, so I just kinda browsed the internet. I felt the need to get up and change because I was cold, but I was really hot, so I needed to switch up the ratio of blanket:clothes. Then I felt it. My stomach dropped. I laid back down on my bed trying again to ignore this feeling of someone wringing my stomach; it was no good. So I ran to the bathroom and was sick. Andy comforted me via Skype and talked to me a bit and made me laugh, but now he's in school and I'm bored. This is one of those days I wish I have a library full of movies, but I don't.

Also, if I tell you I'm excited that I'm going home in 63 days, it's not because I hate you, but it's just because I'm excited. And no- I'm not wishing these days away. Counting down makes the days more precious because my days in this country are numbered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time I'm in Stockton, I'll leave you some proper American dvds. I feel you about counting down the days. I've got 44 left... it feels SO weird. I'm trying to stay emotionally 'here' - but it's really hard. I'm so looking forward to just hugging my mom again. But I'm also really aware that when I go home, I'm moving away from my 24/7 adventure. Baton Rouge doesn't really compare to being able to hop on a train and just go to London on a whim. I'll get used to it though. I just have to remember how much I've missed it whilst I've been here.

Coffee or something fun soon, hey?