Tuesday, March 11, 2008


"I know, but honeslty doing "things" is completely worthless. meg, as long as you are learning about yourself, other people, and God- then you are accomplishing what is meant for you here. the truth is we REALLY do have an affect on people, even though it is often that we feel are being negative. you can see everything that Europe has to offer but if it's not the right time, it is completely meaningless. there is a lot of pressure to spend "this time in your life" traveling. but the truth is, this experience has given me strength to travel in the future with people I actually want to travel with. and well, honestly it can get expensive and you aren't making money here."

"and know this, meg, you have options. you and I both know that there are serious ups and downs to this place, like nothing you can know if you haven't lived here. but there is something deeper than that, and that is your emotional well being. I think we downplay its importance because we see it as weakness but in reality we have to give it some respect. i came here thinking that I needed to completely suppress my emotions and really experience something "hard" and I found out that hard is and adjective and not a noun. meaning this, to do something although it may be hard is very different from doing something because it is hard. so maybe you have duties and responsibilities but you also have options."

I saw Mitch in London when we went. Let me tell you- sight for sore eyes. I never really thought about that phrase... sight for sore eyes. It's a pretty strong statement, actually. ANYway, it was beautiful just to have Andy and Mitch around for a day. A double dose of home and love. Be on the look out on the "Thought Food" bit on the side bar. more words of wisdom from Mitch (and Jesus) coming your way.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

that's sweet meg. I can't wait to see you again.