Saturday, September 09, 2006

Awake and Dreaming

This is how excited I am. I took this pictures while talking to my friend, Matty. In 33 days I will get to see his face and everyone elses' that I miss. Just 33 days until we are in the schools and at the church (whichever it may be).

A lot's been going on. Nothing bad persay. But a lots been going on.

Senior year is proving itself to be good. Not much homework. Easy classes. And it's not like I took those classes to make my year easy. They just turned out that way.

I'm pretty dang sure that God is calling me to do a gap year over in the land I love so. I just wish he would tell my parents this. I don't know how or when to tell them. I don't want to endure a huge fight or anything. I don't want to feel like my mom is dissapointed in me. I don't want to feel like my dad thinks I am throwing my life away. I just want to do what God tells me to.

I've found out that it wouldn't even be that expensive. Besides the plane tickets, it would only be 15 pounds (around 30 dollars) a week for food. There are plenty of jobs that I could take to earn that. They would house me with a family, so really I wouldn't pay rent.

The good things about it as well are that it gives me time to plan what God wants me to do with my life, I will be doing mission work as well, colleges will be able to see a higher g.p.a. than what I have when I send in transcripts to colleges (not that mine is bad at all), and I can save for college while I am over there.

I think that I will do the gap year come home and go to college. I think I want to be a minister and I will most likely minor in graphic design.

I have good friends and I love them.

Kroger is the place to work.

Only 33 more days.

2 comments:

KP said...

Meaghan...how is good ole Kroger treating you...guess what, Ms. June definately called me the other Day...it was so cute...if you see her in Kroger tell her I said hi!...Hope all is well!

Erin said...

Meaghan! I miss you too! I hope your senior year is stupendous (it sounds like it is) and I hope to be in Nashville to visit soon. California is good but really different! The way you are seeking God for next year is incredible. I look forward to hearing where He leads. Oh yes, and give Amy Jo a hard time for me... okay, just for a second, and then give her a big hug!