Friday, August 18, 2006

Kroger

Let me just say, I do not stand at the end of the register for my health. Do not look in other directions and ignore me, because actually, I am supposed to help you. You ignoring me hinders my job performance. Listen and respond when I ask you, "Are you ready to check out?"

For some reason, we are ignored. Ignored so much that people are drawn to the center of the front and look around for the open registers. I mean, the people standing in front of the register could not possibly be there to help you check out.

And I don't bag. Don't tell me what to do with your goods. Tell the bagger. That's why he's there, to bag things. I am there to sell them to you.

Of course, they would never ever put your frozen/cold things together in a bag. It's a good thing you ask us to do that. We find that intentionally placing frozen items in different bags makes getting home and seperation groceries more enjoyable. Besides, we don't know what we are doing. I mean, it's not like we were hired for anything like that anyway.

And yes, you have to be 18 to sell beer, and yes, we need your ID.

I'm sorry that the credit card machine isn't working. I mean, next time I won't ESP it to break.

I like working at Kroger. Everyone is nice...for the most part.

2 comments:

Micah said...

Meaghan, I think the thing I love about this post is its frank and truly honest sincerity. I have had similar experiences. When the machine says "please side card" it's because the card machine really read your card the first time, and the second time is just for kicks and giggles. You should probably hesitate and think that I'm stealing your PIN or somehow funneling the second charge into a personal off-shore bank account. It's not like I could steal the credit card numbers and personal information of hundreds of customers if I really felt like it. Idiots.

Meg said...

MICAH!! You are alive! YEA!