Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hearts and Spades

Ugh.

I am proud of my parents. They quit using their credit cards. As I type this, I realize that my life will be getting a little harder. O well--they say it's got to get worse before it gets better.

Thank God for life opening experiences. Though I've been to the same places in Chicago for the past three years, it never ceases to teach me things. A week a year will never suffice to remind me I am well off compared to some.

My heart is being pulled in so many different directions at the moment. Not like boys...okay maybe a little bit...but really, things I want to do with my life, places I want to go. Life is so short. I want to go to Africa. I want to go to Russia. I want to go back to Japan, the Philippines, and Korea. I want to go to Canada. I want to go to Brazil. I want to Live in England. I want to be a graphic designer. I want to be a minister. I want to be a photographer. I want to take loads of classes. I want to learn. I want to teach. I want to experience everything that God has made. Most of all i want to learn.

I don't want to pick and choose. Hopefully I won't ever have to. I feel that with God all of this is possible. Before the England mission trip this past fall I felt that I would never leave the US much less North America. I'm not saying that I will get to do all of this, but anything is possible with God. Anything, and as much as that is a comfort, it's also extremely nerve wrecking. God can and will call me to where ever he needs me and that could be very dangerous--or not what I had in mind for myself.

No comments: