Monday, June 26, 2006

Change is Inevitable

Thank God.

People tend to hate change, I on the other hand embrace it full heartedly...most of the time--when I am not being selfish...which I have a strong tendency to be. Anyway, this past year as well as make my life miserable, also made me learn things.

Things like I could have prevented my life from being miserable. It's all in the outlook of life. Places, events, people are what you make them out to be. You enter something saying, this is going to be stupid, or comparing it to something else and you are already limiting the experience. Something I had to learn the hard way, and it sucks.

Boredom is another thing that people tend to hate. I find the beauty that comes out of boredom. Don't get me wrong, I hate the feeling of being bored, but it always forces me to do something. Usually something creative. Something like changing the template on my blog. People think I am a boring person when they ask what I've done for the day, but one of these days this boredom will pay for my meals. Anyway, the constant feeling of being bored helped me discover that I like painting and photography, and I'm even halfway decent at it.

Boredom makes me think as well. Reflect on my past and plan for my future. Imagine the "what ifs" and the "how would I's." I've been thinking a lot lately, and things need to change.

So back to change. There are things in my life I've realized need to change. Things like how much time I spend with God among other aspecs in my life. I'm looking forward to these changes and I can't wait to see the results.

No comments: