Friday, September 14, 2007

Anxiety!

He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.
Psalm 40:11

He will carry the lambs in his arms close to his heart. Through all my inevitable breakdowns and hysterical fits I throw when talking to God, I fail to notice that God's clutching me to his chest, and I'm too preoccupied to feel his heart beat for me.

But those who hope in the LORD will remember their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow faint. [....] So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand. [....] I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.
Isaiah 40:31; 41:10; 49:15-16

I'm just gonna take it one day at a time.

No comments: