Friday, August 17, 2007

The Eternal Waiting Room

(that is my life)

As much as I hate waiting, you would think I would hate life... I mean, what is life but a bunch of waiting. Waiting for food, waiting in line, waiting for a phone call, waiting to go out, waiting to get off work, waiting to graduate, waiting for a VISA, waiting for.... you name it... life is the eternal waiting room.

I did a small session that Amy-Jo lent me about learning to wait well. What can God teach me? And honestly I thought it was going to be crap, but it turns out that it's exactly what I needed. I don't know exactly what God's going to teach me, but I do know that it's a constant reminder that it's all in God's timing. He is in control, and I am absolutely not.

I've learned that there is no shame in waiting. David waited. Joseph waited. Moses waited.

Jesus waited.

And by gosh, if the son of God can wait, I figure it won't kill me to wait either.

No comments: